A3. Future Role of the RAWPs
Regional Technical Statement for Aggregates
To provide a 5-yearly Regional Technical Statement (within 18 months of the completion of the study of environmental capacity in Wales) to set out:
- The results of the regional assessment of the environmental capacity of each MPA to contribute to an adequate supply of primary aggregates;
- To provide a strategy for the provision of aggregates in the region in accord with that regional assessment, with allocations of future aggregates provision for each mineral planning authority area to provide a strategic basis for future development plans;
- To assess current and future imports and exports of aggregates;
- To assess the current and future contribution of marine aggregates;
- To advise the Assembly on the potential in each region in Wales for increasing the use of alternative materials to replace primary aggregates.